Phase Change Energy Solutions, Inc. was incorporated in 2008 for the purpose of taking bio-based phase change materials to the building industry. PCES manufactures all natural, long-life, bio-based phase change materials that utilize the power of phase change melting and refreezing to actively absorb and release heat. When products such as our ENRG Blanket are placed within a building they help maintain a constant, comfortable temperature while reducing HVAC energy consumption. This innovative “smart thermal massTM” technology also reduces C0² emissions and shaves peak-energy loads. In numerous test installations our products have demonstrated significant energy savings and generated an attractive ROI for the building owner or occupant who pays the energy bills. We manufacture high quality phase change building materials that are easy to install. Our BioPCMTM products have the following characteristics:
- Life cycle exceeds that of typical inorganic phase change materials;
- Have significantly more latent heat storage capacity than encapsulated petroleum based phase change materials per unit of weight;
- Have patent pending solid to gel transition instead of traditional solid to liquid transition to reduce leaking.
- Our ENRG Blanket product may serve as a vapor barrier, vapor retarder or permeable membrane depending on version selected and how material is installed.
- ASTM E-84-09, Vapor Transmission tested, BEEs Certification;
- Currently available in 23C, 25C, 27C and 29C temperatures. Additional materials are available at select temperatures across a wide range varying from -20C to 70C.
- BioPCMTM is a relatively new building product. Whereas, ASTM and/or ISO criteria and testing methods and standards for phase change building materials do not currently exist; Phase Change Energy Solutions is participating in establishing these for both ISO and ASTM.
Product Quality Control:
- Each lot of phase change material is tested using DSC and controlled temperature water bath to ensure thermal properties are within tolerances.
- Daily manufacturing machine(s) start-up or shift change utilizes destructive burst test to measure seal and material strength.
- All Phase Change products are date coded so daily production lots can be tracked.
- Finished goods are identified with a Q rating temperature stamp / M value product code / date.
- Every index is visually inspected for seal performance and quality.