BioPCMTM has Synergies with LEED® Points that could contribute towards 20 Credits for LEED Certification;
- EAc1 Optimize Energy Performance, up to 19 points
- IAQc7 Thermal Comfort design 1 Point
- MRc6 Rapidly Renewable Materials up to 2 points
- Innovation in design (IDc1) may also be achieved
Energy & Atmosphere (EAc1)
Up to 19 points, as demonstrated in an energy model using the performance rating method for energy costs better than ASHRAE 90.1 2007 Energy Cost Performance, each 3.5% above the prerequisite gains an additional point, (IDC1) exemplary performance point if 50% for new or 46% for renovation energy savings are reached.
- BioPCMTM reduces energy consumption and thereby cost.
- BioPCMTM shifts peak loads and can reduce additional energy costs if the building is billed with peak power pricing tariffs.
Thermal Comfort design (IAQc7)
1 point for achieving comfort criteria based on the ASHRAE 55 Adaptive Comfort Model. ASHRAE 55 is calculated on surface temperatures, air temperatures, air flow, relative humidity rates and clothing levels.
- BioPCMTM reduces discomfort by stabilizing air temperatures.
- BioPCMTM reduces discomfort by stabilizing surfaces temperatures.
- BioPCMTM reduces discomfort and energy use from air flow rates needed to meet ASHRAE 62.1, or when pursuing IEQc2 for 30% above ASHRAE 62.1 ventilation rates.
Rapidly Renewable Materials (MRc6)
Up to 2 points for rapidly renewable building materials. 1 point – Minimum of 2.5% of the value of all building materials and products used in the project based on percentage of cost that is made of rapidly renewable materials if 5% of the value exemplary performance (IDc1) point would be awarded.
The raw soy and palm oil materials used to manufacture BioPCMTM are over 50% of the product’s cost.
- For a building using BioPCMTM moderately 2.5% of materials cost could provide 1 point.
- For a building using BioPCMTM extensively 5% of materials cost could provide an additional IDc1 point for a total of 2 points.